One of the things I love about being a mom is the chance to see everything new through Matthew's eyes. He is so curious and doesn't miss a detail (He's definately Alan's son). He said two things recently that I had to share:
We were getting ready to go work in our garden - something he loves- when he turned very serious and he said: "Momma, God made the weeds and he might not like it if we go out there and yank them up". How do you explain that one?
And...
Matthew has a Noah's Ark playset, but has always insisted that the "Noah" is God! You should hear us sometimes - "Have you seen God?" "No, did you check under the bed?"! We've told him a million times that the toy is Noah, but he doesn't budge on his thinking. One day I asked Matthew why he thought the toy was God. He said: "If God made the animals, he wouldn't leave them when it stormed." He may have the details wrong, but I feel pretty sure he understood a little bit of God's heart...
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment