Thursday, May 20, 2010

How I'll always see him....

Several months ago, we watched a movie where the adult children were portrayed through the "Dad's" eyes. When he looked at them, he often saw them as the children they had once been. It was as if part of him couldn't fathom how they had possibly become adults. It made me wonder how I would be when my baby is all grown up. It was a few weeks later that I think I find out. Matthew likes to run ahead of me on the long sidewalk that leads into school. Torn between independence and hanging on, he looks back: "Are you coming mom?". Watching him, I thought "That's it. This is how I'll see him...Superhero lunchbox, light-up tennis shoes, hair not quite straight, my little boy"

Take your time, buddy. And, yes, I am most definately coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment