The first time he said "Mommy, wook. Dey wight up", I crumbled. Besides, everyone would know I didn't pick them out. I was so glad I did. All the way to the car he hopped.
"Wook mom, wook"
And I did. Recently, we went to replace the tennis shoes and he found these awful Buzz Lightyear shoes complete with light-up missiles on the side. I smiled as he tried them on. They were on sale, so I decided to get something similar in the next size up. When I couldn't find them, I asked the saleslady for help. Turns out, they don't make light-up shoes in bigger sizes. WHAT?! Next, she'll be trying to convince me that new shoes don't make you run faster. Always big for his size, he has officially reached the limit of little boy shoes. Next time, he'll have shoes like daddy wears. How boring. These are his last pair of tacky, light-up shoes. I watched him hop to the car -
"Look, mom. Are you ready? Did you see?"
Where did the time go? I am so glad I bought those first pair of shoes. So glad for every pair since then. I glanced at the little girl shoes. There were a pair with glitter laces and purple splatter paint. Absolutely awful. Won't match a thing. But, when the time comes, if Helen thinks they're 'pwetty", we'll get them. We might get two. And I won't think twice about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment