Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Your first letter....




Matthew's birth marked one of the most defining times of my life.  I held that tiny being and wished with all heart to make him understand how much I loved him.  I felt that all over again with Helen.  When Matthew's first birthday came, I wrote a letter to him to tell him all he had meant to us that year.  Since then, I've found journals for both my children and write to them every year on their birthday.  My hope, my prayer, is that they will read them when I'm not here to tell them and be reminded of how precious they are...how vital they were to my life...how they have been, and always will be, loved.

 God, I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made.  Your works are wonderful, I know that full well  Psalm 139:14

And, now, to my precious baby girl- 

Dear Helen,

Happy Birthday to my unexpected sunshine!  You have entered our lives in a whirl, but brought us more happiness than we could have imagined.  You challenge us with your fearlessness and curiosity, delight us with your smiles and the joy you find in almost anything. You are
"Innocence playing in the mud,
Beauty standing on it's head,
Motherhood dragging a doll by the foot."  A.B.
May you change the world, my darling, even if it's only to make it better for those who love you most.
                                                                                                                               Love,                                                                                                                                Mama
                                                                                                                            
 

No comments:

Post a Comment