Between the innocence of babyhood and the dignity of manhood, we find a delightful creature of a boy.
-Author Unknown
I love being Matthew's mom. I'm sure little girls are precious, but I love having a boy! Amidst all the dirt and chaos is a joy I wouldn't trade for anything in this world. Here a few things I've learned from my son:
1. Misplaced legos cause puncture wounds on the soles of your feet
2. Most games involve being chased with a plastic weapon while a pint-sized pirate yells "Run for your life!"
3. Your camera will include pictures of dead bugs because they're "too cool" for Daddy to miss and Mommy won't save them.
4. Baggies filled with treasures such as locust shells, 1/2 a ladybug's wing and baby bird feathers will turn up at random places in your house.
5. Plastic army guys only semi-melt in the dryer
6. You're never dirty enough to actually need a bath.
7. The greatest motivation for accomplishing a task is for it to be labeled as "dangerous"
8. Puddles should never be avoided
And, finally (for me):
8. I'm glad I married a hero, because his son wants to be just like him...
All boy....
Friday, September 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a great list... I can honestly say I have learned none of those lessons as the mom of a girl. :)
ReplyDeleteThe video is great and most definitely something Charlotte would do, if she could find the patience to build the wall in the first place.