Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Happy Birthday!

I can't believe my baby just turned 4! But, like it or not, he's growing up. And, as he tells me, he won't stop until "he's tall as daddy". I have loved every stage he's grown through and often find myself thinking this is my favorite age. And, right then, it is. I could list a million reasons I love Matthew, but I'll just list my favorite 4:

1. He's thoughtful. He constantly wants to be a "happy helper" and finds ways to be kind on his own.

2. He loves to learn. From the time he could form a sentence, he would ask How does that work? And he won't stop until he figures it out.

3. He's fun - and funny. He loves to laugh and play and we willingly follow him.

4. He loves his mom. OK, that one is totally selfish, but it's true! When he snuggles in my lap or puts his still-chubby hands on my cheeks, I feel like my heart will burst from happiness. As I've told him before, You're everything I've ever wanted in a little boy. And he is.


Now for the pictures:
Our alien - robot cake! Matthew did most
of the decorating himself.
Matthew's last day to be 3!

His first day to be 4!



Cookies he decorated to share with his class


A few more sprinkles ought to do it...




Dad and Matthew at his Chuck E Cheese party


Happy Birthday Time


Checking out my loot









No comments:

Post a Comment