Over six years ago, we began to plan for our first baby. Married, finished school, bought a house, time for baby. It went just as planned until our first sonogram. Our baby had died and there were problems. We were devastated. Told not to try again for at least a year, we waited in horrible disappointment. Only six months later, we found out Matthew was on his way. Scared to death and surprised, we held our breath until he arrived. He was not prayed for or planned, but God always knows our hearts better than we do. The first time I held him, my heart began to heal.
Matthew gave us a reason to smile again.
"The Lord has done this, and it is marvelous in our eyes"
He was not the baby I planned for, but was everything my heart needed.
The pregnancy was hard and the delivery so complicated we did not feel we would be able to have another child. After Matthew's third birthday, we began to pray that God would give us another baby. However He chose, when He chose. That same year, we found out Helen was on her way. This pregnancy was the most difficult. My health continually declined, but we made it to 38 weeks before they took her. Countless times I prayed that God would give me the strength to get through that day. And he did.Helen completes us.
"We have prayed for this child, and our God has given us what we asked of Him".
She is the child I thought I might never have, but desperately wanted.
So here we are...we took the long way home, but we made it. Alan found the song "Before the Morning" by Josh Wilson and it describes perfectly how we feel. We listened to it many times, even at the hospital. God always has a plan. Nothing catches Him by surprise. I believe that now. God's intense love for our family is so evident in the gift of our children and each other. I am desperately in love with my husband, overwhelmed with joy by our babies and eternally grateful to a God who gave us our happy ending - twice.

Oh, Jenn, I am in tears as I read this. It has been quite a journey for you all, but what evidence of God's faithfulness and love for His children! I know there was pain, heartache & questions, but how good to know we serve an Awesome God who LOVES you more than we will ever know and wants you to have the desires of your heart! You are precious! I'm so very thankful that your family is complete! Can't wait to meet Miss Helen!
ReplyDeleteLove you!
Sharyn