This was one of the many times as a mom that I wished I could freeze time. For the first time, Matthew had gone with Alan and watched him take Communion. It was also his first time to hold his "own candle" at our Christmas Eve Service. He was fascinated with all of it. His eyelashes made shadows on his cheeks. He was wearing his "fancy, but not too fancy" new shirt and had a fresh Christmas haircut. I wanted to memorize every detail about my too-quickly-growing-up boy.
Often, he asks me to tell him how much I love him. It's a game for us. I always answer that there are no words that would be enough. But, once, he said "I really want to know!". My answer? When you're all grown up, and you're lucky enough to have your own little boy, then you'll know.
No comments:
Post a Comment