Helen is not a fan of bedtime or nap time. In her defense, she has too much to accomplish to spend time sleeping (see picture above). Every night, she runs through a standard list of requests in hopes of stalling the inevitable. Here they are in no particular order:
1. "Wok" - Rock me
2. "Daddy Wok" - He can be a softie
3. "Bubba" - Calling for back-up. He'll do whatever she wants
4. "Jooc" - Juice: She's suddenly thirsty5. "Wunch" - Lunch (refers to all meals)
6. "Nak" - Maybe just a snack?
7. "Babes, Bes" - Babies, bears: She needs every doll and stuffed animal in sight
8. "nose, eyes, etc" - She starts showing off her skills. Sadly, this is sometimes effective. I get halfway through congratulating her before I realize I've been had.
9. "Book" - Never give into this ploy. She will look at each book, say "no" and move to the next one. At the end of the shelf, she'll start over.
10. "Pat, Pat" - Pat my back. OK, you win, Helen.
Good night everybody. And Good luck.
No comments:
Post a Comment