
I LOVE being a mommy. But there are some days....
*Recent conversation with Matthew:
M: Mom, you stink like spit-up
Me: That's because your sister spit-up on me
M: Did you already take a shower?
Me: Yes
M: That's too bad
*In the last 15 minutes, Helen went through 3 outfits for her, 2 for me, 4 burp cloths, 3 diapers, 1/4 container of wipes, carpet cleaner, and a changing pad cover. Disgusting or impressive?
Hard to tell.
*Recent night of sleep:
12am - Finally get Helen down
2 am - Matthew wakes me up to tell me he needs to use the bathroom
4 am - Helen wakes me up to nurse
6 am - Alan wakes me up to say the AC isn't working
Oh, and the cat throws up. Obviously, my family does not love me.
*I've lost almost all my baby weight, but I'm still wearing size L maternity jeans. The injustice is obvious.
*After a extremely restricted diet due to Gestational Diabetes, it's nice to eat whatever I like. Except for the dairy, tomato sauce, spicy food, Italian and chocolate that upset Helen's tummy.
*Overheard conversation b/w Alan and Matthew (I was napping - I love my husband):
A: Matthew, let me help you. Let's leave mom alone so she can rest.
M: Dad. Even if she feels sick, she's still the mom.
From the mouth of babes....
After hearing Matthew pray for wisdom, I couldn't wait to hear what he had been concerned about. His response? "I want God to tell me how to beat you at this game".
No comments:
Post a Comment