Friday, August 6, 2010

One more time...


One more time, I've fallen completely in love with my husband. We knew this would be a hard pregnancy, tough delivery, and long recovery. And it was. When mom goes down, everything has the potential to fall apart. But not with Alan. He ran the errands, planned the menus, cleaned the house - after working all day. But it was much more than that. He knew what I really needed.

At 9 months pregnant and in a hospital gown, he said I looked pretty - and he meant it.

In all the craziness of my illness and recovery, Matthew desperately needed some routine - Alan made sure he had it.

I needed a cheerleader to keep me going day after long day - he became my biggest encourager.
He kept perspective, patience and showed enormous love for all of us. There's no one I respect more. No wonder we're all so crazy about him. Helen, join the rest of us. You are one lucky girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment