Thursday, August 5, 2010

Little boys...

Little boys should never be put to bed. They only wake up a day older.

Peter Pan


"No thanks mom. I can do it myself." It seems I hear this more and more from my Matthew. Of course, I want him to become more independent, but his growing up is so bittersweet. So full of independence and eager to conquer the world.

Who is this child who so quickly replaced my baby boy?

It seems that he was the one in this crib just yesterday. And now it's taken by our sweet snuggle-bug Helen, who demands late night snuggling and trips to the rocking chair. I try not to mind. I know too quickly I'll hear her say "No thanks mom. I can do it myself". How empty our house will seem when they are grown! I know it's far away, but I also know how quickly one day tumbles into the next until one more year has said good-bye.

Who are these people who so quickly replaced my children?

I know I'll be so proud of what they will become. And so proud of our work. I'll enjoy having Alan all to myself again. But, oh I will miss these days. Until then, I'll try to soak them in and be so grateful for the chance to be their mom.


Take your time my babies, take your time..



No comments:

Post a Comment